Fractured Atlas is looking for a marketing super(s)hero who is passionate about introducing our products and services to the world. Our perfect candidate will spend most of their day combining their marketing skills with kickass technical aptitude to massively scale our customer acquisition efforts. You're right for this role if you've spent the last 7+ years working in a marketing function, including time at a fast-growing, consumer-facing startup.
Fractured Atlas is a nonprofit technology company that works with artists. We serve a community of over 1,000,000 artists and arts organizations in the U.S. and Canada, offering them a variety of programs and services that help artists strengthen the business side of their practice. With a service-orientation, we help the modern creatives raise money, manage risk, find space, sell tickets, and track their fans so they can spend more energy on their creativity.
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in Fractured Atlasʹs ʺWork Hard. Live Well.ʺ environment. Our organizational culture embraces people who:
- Seek out challenging problems and relish opportunities to venture into unexplored territory.
- Are entrepreneurial and comfortable with high‐risk, high‐impact efforts.
- Are agile, creative problem solvers with an unsentimental focus on concrete results.
- Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas, we are committed to anti-racism, anti-oppression principles in all areas of our internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in our belief that change is possible, and that our work, and that of the artistic community more broadly, will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas by visiting work.fracturedatlas.org.
THE FUN STUFF YOU’LL BE DOING:
- In partnership with the Vice President for External Relationships and the Executive Leadership team, design and execute the direction and vision for marketing our products with clear and tangible goals;
- Significantly expand our marketing efforts, driving efficient customer acquisition, in support of our annual and quarterly revenue goals;
- Turn our members into loud brand evangelists;
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to ensure that our digital products and services are at the bleeding edge of tech and excite our customers;
- Partner with the Programs Team to achieve and exceed aggressive annual and quarterly revenue goals by growing a creative strategic sales program; and,
- Leverage data to efficiently allocate, measure, and spend paid marketing and headcount budget.
YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW:
Technical marketing strategy: Provide thought leadership to website development best practices relating to process, infrastructure, and scalability. Proactively collaborate with the Engineering Team to determine the best technical approach based on the business requirements.
Manage Conversion Optimization: Execute on concept creation, development, testing, and analytics examination. Test and learn messaging, creative, and other variables to understand what drives successful conversions.
Automation: Automate and scale our digital marketing technical platforms consisting of products including Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, Infusionsoft.
API integrations: Work with the Engineering team to integrate existing systems and emerging digital marketing tools and technologies to continually evolve our capabilities.
Front-end development: Build responsive web pages and templates as well as email templates for use by the External Relations and Program teams.
We’re looking for strategic thinkers and independent decision-makers who love learning new things. Have a healthy ego and a quirky sense of humor. Be willing to engage in productive conflict and, if you can’t convince us why you’re right, disagree and commit to moving things forward. Collaborative folks who work well with ambiguity and across teams tend to excel in our organization. Bonus points if you’ve read Patrick Lencioni.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Starting salary is $80,000. Benefits include dental and medical insurance, flexible savings account, employer‐contributed 401K plan, commuter benefits, professional development allowance, ticket allowance, paid vacation and sick days, paid parental and family leave, partially- or fully-remote work arrangements, and a casual but hard‐working, friendly and supportive work environment.
You can live anywhere you want in the United States. Fractured Atlas’s headquarters is in midtown Manhattan, so if you happen to be NYC-based, we’ll happily make room for you.
To be considered for the position, please use the Jazz application portal to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename. (Please address materials to Lauren Ruffin, Vice President, External Relations.)
- A substantive and original cover letter including your interest in the position and Fractured Atlas, the date you are available to start, and why we can't live without you. (Please don't send us a ʺFind & Replaceʺ cover letter. It shows, and our eyes glaze over, which is not a good thing when we're reading your letter.)
- A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent.)
- A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
Incomplete submissions—including those failing to follow directions (seriously people, we're looking for flawless attention to detail)—will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our websites www.fracturedatlas.org and work.fracturedatlas.org prior to submitting materials.
Deadline for submissions is October 27, 2017.