Flamenco Vivo seeks a full-time Programming Associate to oversee a variety of responsibilities related to the management of our NYC programming including arts education, public performances and other community engagement activities. The Programming Associate works very closely with the Programming Director and Managing Director. Minimum two years of experience with arts program management required and experience working with public schools is preferred. While primarily working Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm, the person who takes this job must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Managing arts education partnerships with 20-25 school partners in NYC and tri-state area (one time bookings to multi-session residencies)
- Marketing to new schools; developing contacts with Arts Education Liaisons
- Field inquiries for public and private events
- Advancing of performances with local venues
- Booking and managing artists for local performances
- Collaborating with Studio Manager to produce annual student performances and studio events
- Maintaining the local activity calendar, contracts, artist fees and payment schedule
- Database management, generating activity reports (attendance, surveys, evaluations, etc.)
- Assisting with grant applications (supplemental/evaluation materials, budgets, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be excited about creative problem solving and finding innovative ways to design, market and manage programs. Our team is growing so they ideal candidate will be excited about building and implementing systems and processes among the staff.
- Be detail oriented and extremely organized. This role requires you to wear many hats, often simultaneously, so it is imperative to maneuver seamlessly between tasks!
- Have exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills both over the phone and in person. This role is dependent on building and maintaining relationships with artists, school staff, presenters and more.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes
- Enjoy a collaborative office culture but is also able to self-motivate and manage responsibilities independently.
- Be fluent in Spanish (this is not a requirement but very helpful)
Compensation: Full-time salaried position, compensation commensurate with experience
About Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana Founded in 1983, Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is one of America's most prominent culturally-specific dance companies, with the mission of promoting flamenco as a living art form and vital part of Hispanic heritage; producing quality dance works; and providing arts education/training that inspires young people while nurturing the next generation of Spanish dance artists. This informs all of our work, which includes creation, performance, community outreach and instruction, allowing us to entertain, engage and educate over 45,000 people each year. For more information, please visit our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org
How To Apply To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below to Hanaah Frechette at email@example.com and include “Program Associate” in the email’s subject line.
- An original cover letter including your interest in the position and Flamenco Vivo.
- A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your professional and educational experience.
- A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No calls please. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.