The Office of the New York State Council on the Arts, NYSCA, seeks an individual to join the senior management team as the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director. The individual will lead the management of the executive office and work closely with the Executive Director on a range of projects. In performing its mission, NYSCA invests public funds in support of the arts, and cultural and heritage activities for NY State’s citizens and visitors. In Fiscal Year 2016-2017, more than 1,450 organizations received over 1,960 grants valued in excess of $41M. The scope of this position will be broad, as the candidate will work across various areas of the agency, and the pace will be fast and intense. NYSCA seeks a candidate who will exert leadership over and take pride in the execution of all duties. These duties include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
· processing and tracking a high volume of information, then disseminating it in a timely, informed manner
· understanding the detailed information received and how it relates to the overall functioning of the agency, and to the larger agency role as part of NY State government
· assisting with special projects and initiatives; taking instructions from others and sharing responsibilities with superiors as needed while fulfilling tasks
· managing multiple calendars, e-mail accounts, and digital files
· communicating effectively with agency staff, Council members, the Council Chair and the Executive Chamber of the Governor
· writing professional correspondence for varied recipients
· preparation and scheduling of tasks for all Council meetings
This position provides an exceptional opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the workings of a state government agency through support of its senior executive. He or she must share the strong work ethic of the Executive Director and work collaboratively in advancing the efficiency and productivity of the agency.
Salary Range: $52,000-$58,000
Minimum Qualifications Required for Appointment:
The Executive Assistant position is open to candidates that possess:
· 2-4 years of experience in similar administrative or office management position
· Experience interacting with people of diverse professional and personal backgrounds
· Experience performing numeric analysis and synthesis of information
· Ability to prioritize and schedule work in a fast paced and complex work environment
· Ability to organize with meticulous attention to detail
· Excellent written, social, and verbal communication skills
· Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Acrobat, PDF Creator, Photoshop, and Internet Research
BA, BS, or BFA required
Positon to be filled by September 1, 2017 – earlier would be ideal.
TO APPLY: The Office of General Services provides human resources support for the NYS Council on the Arts. Accordingly, to apply for this vacancy, candidates should submit a letter to HRresumes@ogs.ny.gov, Reference # 00018. Please include a clear, concise resume providing specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience. This must be received in the OGS Division of Human Resources Management by the closing date or the response will not be considered.
Link to full posting: https://www.nysca.org/public/about/employment.htm